1/20/2014

Mountains So Red

I'm really sorry to have been silent since I posted the last article last October.  3 months have just gone.  Oh man, too quick. Mountains are now in white, not in red anymore. But I just wanna get you back to a story of fall

I am frequently asked the same question by many friends.  That is “when is the best time to visit Japan?”  Yeah, I totally understand how they feel about the travel timing. Nobody wanna ruin their memorable moments with bad weather when in traveling. 

My answer is always the same as my friends ask, “it's spring or fall”. Why in spring or fall? - because of the mild weather, less rain, and mostly important it's so delightful to see the natural beauty.

Although it's now in the middle of winter, I wanna introduce the beauty of fall foliage to you. 70% of the land of Japan, as many of you probably know, are mountains. That characteristic provides you a lot of joy to enjoy the foliage in the mountains.

I and my wife visited Oguni Town in Yamagata. The town seems to have nothing but high mountains, totally surrounded by them. We drove through Route 113 and all we could see was mountains colored in red and orange.

FYI:














Follow tomoandsaho on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment